This is the question that my dad asks when he calls from Los Angeles.
I update him on the kids and then turn the tables on him, asking questions about his business (he is a working artist, like myself) his health, his lady (who is like a mom to me).
Unfortunately, “What’s goin’ on” is something I’m not sharing until it actually happens, but it encompasses the thought and idea of J and I are looking at a property (and have a final negotiating offer on the table today on) to open our own piano bar and restaurant by the Spring.
Will it happen?
We’re not sure.
We want it to.
If we wait another year and keep looking or hold out for a different location or a better deal, we will.
We figure we will know when something is right, taking it all the way to the point of following all the way through or to a point of walking away.
If the numbers don’t match up, we won’t do it.
If we can’t get proper permits and licenses, we’ll hold off.
It’s been 5 months of planning to this point.
I learned how to write a business plan and have written three.
J has spent endless hours working with numbers, spreadsheets, talking to town officials, getting quotes.
We know the bank really well and the bank knows us.
The neat thing is that they are all rooting for us, even the sellers. We seem to remind them of themselves at our age.
At any rate, we’re supposed to hear today if they are accepting our “final offer”. The broker seems to think we are close.
Talk about being on the edge of our seat.
Even worse, if this one location doesn’t happen, we have a second we are already investigating.
So much for lazy Fall days naked in bed while the girls are in school!